In 2023, the Alsace Wine Route celebrates its 70th anniversary
This year, the Alsace Wine Route is celebrating its 70th anniversary with the Alsace Rocks regional tour!
Alsace Rocks, the tour of the terroirs will make you discover the richness of the Alsatian terroirs and taste exceptional wines.
It will start on April 23 until July 30, every Sunday, in 15 unique places in Alsace. Every Sunday, a theme with a different animation in the heart of the vineyards, around the wines.
On the program: you will find an ephemeral bar, with local wines, culinary workshops, a musical atmosphere with DJs, a chill and restaurant area.
The terroir tour will take place in the Kaysersberg valley from 28 May 2023.
The offer includes: access to the site, the glass and its glass holder, the tasting book and the tasting package 3 wines.
Additional workshops are not included in the single entrance ticket.
The workshops are by reservation below. Tickets are pre-sold online until the day before the event, then on site directly at the event reception if tickets are still available. Find the complete programme of the terroir tour here.
Sunday 25 June in Kaysersberg
On the agenda:
- Qi Gong in the Schlossberg (by Philippe Blanck, winemaker and certified instructor)
- 50 years of Grand Cru Schlossberg (tasting a vertical Rieslings on Grand Cru Schlossberg)
- Schlossberg Variations (guided tour through the Schlossberg Grand Cru between Arts, History and Terroirs by Caroline CLAUDE-BRONNER guide speaker)
Sunday 23 July in Ammerschwihr
Before the last stage of the terroir tour, Ammerschwihr welcomes you to the heart of its Grand Cru Kaefferkopf.
On the agenda:
- Viticulture in Ammerschwihr, a millennial history (commented by Francis Lichtlé, son of Ammerschwihr winemakers, historian and archivist)
- 40 years of Riesling Kaefferkopf (vertical tasting of Riesling Kaefferkopf by the Friends of Ammerschwihr and Kaefferkopf),
- Birds in the vineyards (commented visit of the exhibition of wildlife photographs by Guy Thomas presented in the heart of the vineyards
- Kaefferkopf by Caroline Bronner, winemaker’s daughter and guide speaker
- Kaefferkopf Tour (visit by horse-drawn carriage, on the slopes of the Kaefferkopf to discover the winemaker’s profession by Pierre Eiche)
Sunday 28 May in Sigolsheim
It is in the heart of the necropolis of Sigolsheim that the 6th stage of the terroir tour will take place.
On the agenda:
- Treasure hunt in the Grand Cru Marckrain (in autonomy with logbook and a map)
- Workshop – Presentation of the spring work in the vineyard (explanation of manual work and machines that increase the quality of the Crus)
- Tasting of old vintages (commented tasting of 6 wines of 2 Grands Crus)
Workshop – Presentation of the PDO Alsace Grands Crus Mambourg and Marckrain (by a producer of each Grand Cru with the tasting of the 2 Grands Crus)
- Workshop – Historical presentation of the National Necropolis (guided tour by the Sigolsheim History Society)
Mindfulness sensory tasting (introduction to quantum tasting)