Kaysersberg Valley Tourist Office

SEARCH
INTERACTIVE MAP
BROCHURE
CONTACT

the Rogue's Tower

AppelerPhone Call
6route du vin
68770Ammerschwihr

An emblematic element at the entrance to the Grand cru Kaefferkopf, the Fripons tower (1608) in Ammerschwihr controlled the lower gate of the medieval town. A fine example of 16th century military architecture, the massive cylindrical tower is armed with six gunports with embossed embrasures which made it possible to break the impact of projectiles hitting the fire hydrant. A steeply pitched six-sided roof crowns the whole. The tower was restored in 2019. It opens its doors occasionally to the public on a free access basis following a signposted circuit. Seriously damaged by the bombardments of December 1944, just like 85% of Ammerschwihr, the Fripons tower had lost its roof and was restored after the war.

Practical Info

Prices

SEARCH
INTERACTIVE MAP
BROCHURE
CONTACT
CLOSE

Partager la page

Facebook
Twitter
WhatsApp
Pocket
Email
LinkedIn

Suivez-nous !

Nous sommes présents sur plusieurs réseaux sociaux, et partageons régulièrement, photos, vidéos de bons plans, évènements… Suivez-nous pour ne rien manquer.

SEARCH

hints :

Skip to content