Itinerancy - In the footsteps of Albert Schweitzer
From Kaysersberg, the route continues in the direction of Labaroche, a commune made up of a string of small hamlets, then climbs to the summit of the Grand Hohnack. There, you will discover a stone labyrinth that is worth exploring. The path continues to the German cemetery at Baerenstall, which contains the graves of 2,460 German soldiers who died in the fighting at Tête des Faux and Linge during the First World War.
This crossroads marks the passage into the valley of Munster. Now it's time for the descent. Enjoy a panorama worthy of the name on the summits of the Vosges and the villages of the neighbouring valley. In a rural setting, you will arrive in Gunsbach, the destination of this hike.
Along the way, there are a number of accommodation options (hotels, camping sites, bed and breakfasts & gîtes) and also restaurants for a gourmet stopover.
Our favourites of the hike:
- visit Kayserberg, birthplace of Albert Schweitzer
- the panorama on the valley of Munster
- visit the Albert Schweitzer House at the finish line
Dates and times
- Lundi Mardi Mercredi Jeudi Vendredi Samedi Dimanche à 00:00
- Difference in altitude (in m)
- Type of hiking path
- dirt path
- Type of marking
- Club vosgien
- Length of the itinerary
- Length of visit/event
- Level of difficulty
- SatNav Coordinates
- Address - location information of car park closest to departure point
- Gouraud place