Romanesque church of Saints Peter and Paul
This beautiful 12th century Romanesque church was built on the site of a Carolingian building. It was altered and enlarged in the 19th century but following the destruction caused by the fighting in the winter of 1944 it was restored to its Romanesque state. Most of the decoration is located on the west façade and in particular on the portal, the friezes of arches on the elevations of the nave and the transept with consoles sculpted with a man's head and a cat on the west side. The tympanum of the portal, decorated with a majestic Christ handing over the keys to Saint Peter and the book to Saint John, is particularly noteworthy. It contains statues from the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries.
- Altitude (m)
- 200 m
- SatNav Coordinates